Watch Me Entertain Myself!

Sacha Guitry once said, "You can pretend to be serious, but you can't pretend to be witty." Oh yes, I'm the great pretender.
(pilot episode: 20 January 2004)

Friday, December 21, 2007

TGIFBC*!

*(Thank God it’s Friday before Christmas!)

* * * * *

Quote for the day:
“Never let someone be your priority, while allowing yourself to be just their option.”

* * * * *

Last night’s “Pasko Na, Sinta Ketch” was fun. To be honest, I wasn’t expecting any super-karir event. Nor was I looking out for any earth-shaking revelations that night. Migs showed up briefly. Corporate Closet mixed around with the guests. Gibbs was late, coming from watching “Avenue Q” in Makati. And I finally got to meet the Misterhubs and Hubby. To be honest, I was a wee bit star-struck to engage my favorite lawyer-blogger in conversation, so I found myself talking to Hubby. He doesn’t blog, and while I tried my best to interest him to start something, I think he’s happy letting his partner get the online attention. Besides, from their body language I think the two are happy with the offline attention they get from each other.

* * * * *

So we held our company Christmas party last Tuesday. It was a no frills, no fuss affair: lots of food, booze, raffle winners and dancing to 80s music. No more frantic trips to stores or costume rental shops for outfits. No after-hours practice for a Christmas presentation.

For our party, I edited a “Y&R mix” of a classic 80s tune; I recorded “quotable quotes” of my officemates and placed them over a remix of Madonna’s “Like A Virgin”. It made its public debut at our Christmas party. Now it debuts online. I’m sure not all of you will get the humor behind some of the chosen upsounds; however, I present this 3-minute-21-seconds-long exercise in sound editing as proof that, yes, I have been that busy, and that I’m now tackling a lengthier format beyond the usual OBB.

(But don’t worry Dan & Rye & show, as well as my fellow Fabcasters, I’m not giving up doing OBBs.)

4 comments:

Misterhubs said...

Star-struck? Can you just imagine how I felt knowing that I was in the presence of the original Troikasters? Almost peed in my slim jeans. Hehe. Really, it was a pleasure just meeting you. Hubby enjoyed your little chat as well. He's now thinking of making his own blog.

Now about your suggestion to do a Tiggah.. Hmm... Hehe :-)

Anonymous said...

Misterhubs is also my favorite, and McVie, and CC and Migs, haaaaayyyy i wish i was there, it would have been...heaven...lolz. How abt doin' a podcast w/ misterhubs? *wink

palma tayona said...

why do i feel like i live inside a cave on top of mount apo without any radio signal? sayang naman ang mga activities and news na ito that i only get to know about after it's all over. pathetic me.

Kai Santorino said...

so is janvier really delish in person? thoughts anyone?