Watch Me Entertain Myself!

Sacha Guitry once said, "You can pretend to be serious, but you can't pretend to be witty." Oh yes, I'm the great pretender.
(pilot episode: 20 January 2004)

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Self-Preservation From Self-Pity

No matter how adjusted or mature or balanced a person is, there are times when that person feels ugly and unlovable and pathetic. I’m having one of those times right now. I feel so… bleh. So ugly, so unattractive, so chaka khan. Sigh.

I’ve tried to see your point of view
but could not hear or see
for jealousy


“Jealousy” by the Pet Shop Boys

* * * * *

My friend said in an SMS: “Beauty? Nasa loob yan. Nasa puso.” I texted back: “Kaya pala ang saging, beautiful. May puso.” Visions of Mark Lapid danced in my head.

What good is inner beauty if the outer ugly prevent others from seeing the inside? Can one make the outer ugly advertise inner beauty?

* * * * *

There, I’ve said it. Now snap out of it.

SNAP!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We all have bad hair days but, as I had earlier commented on another blog, we have to see the situation from a different (or bigger) perspective: bad hair days exist for us to better appreciate our fabulousness the rest of the time. And if people can't see us the way we see ourselves then always assume that they are sight-challenged. c",) Regards - Homie

Anonymous said...

then flip urself inside out na lang..choz! hehehehe..=p