Watch Me Entertain Myself!

Sacha Guitry once said, "You can pretend to be serious, but you can't pretend to be witty." Oh yes, I'm the great pretender.
(pilot episode: 20 January 2004)

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Cause And Effect

Because I wanted to be cool and do the right thing, I looked for a proper trashcan to throw my small trash bag while walking to the office this rainy morning.

Because the first trashcan I saw was at the sidewalk along Ayala, I had to go near the curb to throw my trash.

Because the can was so near the curb, I got splashed when a speeding bus hit the puddle of water on the road.

Now I’m shivering in the arctic-level air conditioning in our office, with a shirt wet with sweat and rainwater.

Sigh. I never thought living in Makati would be this cool.

No comments: