Watch Me Entertain Myself!

Sacha Guitry once said, "You can pretend to be serious, but you can't pretend to be witty." Oh yes, I'm the great pretender.
(pilot episode: 20 January 2004)

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Whopper Whooper

“Whopper Junior meal, please. Regular fries and drinks only. I’ll have a Coke Zero.” I gave my order to the woman at the counter and fished out a card from my wallet. Months ago Eugene gave me The BK Circle discount card. Though I rarely eat at Burger King, I always use that card whenever I do.

The woman behind the counter gave me a puzzled look. “Sir, is this a discount card?” she waved the card at me.

“Yes,” I replied.

“Ah sir,” she began, like she was unsure of what to do but was just making it up as she went along, “I’m sorry… but we don’t accept discount cards for promo items.”

Now it was my turn to be puzzled. But I was not in the mood to demand for my rights as a consumer; I just wanted a burger. So I just said, “Okay. Sure, no problem.” She returned the card to me and proceeded to punch in my order.

That’s when I glanced down at the card I gave her, and freaked out. It was my Club Bath membership card I handed to her, not the BK discount card. No wonder she didn’t know what to do with the card.

Memo to me: if I want a Whopper, I should use the BK Card; if I want a different kind of whopper, then the CB card should come in handy. And ferchrissakes, keep those cards in different compartments of my wallet!

12 comments:

<*period*> said...

hindi ko po alam kung ano yung club bath, but judging from the puzzled look from the girl at the counter, it seems alam niya kung ano yung club bath!

(bading si ate..bwahahahaha)

citybuoy said...

hala! haha buti nalang di niya alam yun. haha

could've happened to anyone. i once gave my timezone powercards to the power books lady. she too had a puzzled look.

Anonymous said...

funny blooper to lighten up your sunday.

i should remember to put my mot-mot discount card somewhere safe.

Anonymous said...

an old friend refers to club bath (cb) as "cheese burger" para di halata pag nagkukuwento sya pag plano nyang pumunta dun as in "makapunta nga ng cheese burger later". So, pwede naman yung card mo kung tutuusin! hahahahah

Yj said...

nyahahahahha buti nga CB card ang naipalit mo.... wit niya learn yun... pero kung VIP card sa motmot yan day, tablahan na, matatawa yun hehehehehehe

Quentin X said...

That is mega-funny.

london boy said...

wahahahahaha!!!

MkSurf8 said...

i bet u just got out of CB. unfulfilled, u went for another whopper. hahaha

joelmcvie said...

@MKSURF8: Excuuuuuuuse me?! I never leave CB na hindi busog. Bawal magutom sa CB, hahahaha!

~Carrie~ said...

Haha. Kalurkey. Hindi pa naman ako nakakaranas ng ganyang mix up. Saka, di ka magugutom sa CB, may pagkain silang binebenta dun - from crackers to noodles, the works.

Ming Meows said...

actually pwede syang pang flirt sa mga cute fastfood guys.

lorienimladris said...

hehe, fun times at Club Bath when I was in Manila earlier this year.

Funny post.