Watch Me Entertain Myself!

Sacha Guitry once said, "You can pretend to be serious, but you can't pretend to be witty." Oh yes, I'm the great pretender.
(pilot episode: 20 January 2004)

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

A Sunny Weekend

Last weekend Leigh invited me to join her family in celebrating her mom’s birthday. We took the scenic route, passing through Calamba and Los Baños in Laguna before veering right towards San Pablo. We stayed at Casa San Pablo, then visited Ugu Bigyan’s Potter’s Garden in Quezon, and had merienda and lunch at Kusina Salud in San Pablo. The last time we did this was a year ago when we went up to Baguio.

This was also an opportunity to be with my inaanak, Luc. He’s a great traveling kid: loves riding in cars, and gets excited at seeing new surroundings. He’s a little reserved with me; a slight case of autism plus not seeing his tito for months can do that. So I was happy when he made eye contact with me several times and actually interacted with me.

Usually in out-of-town trips I end up being the photographer, so you see lots of places and people and not much McVie. But since Leigh brought her camera along too, she was able to take potshots at me. It’s rare that I have so many photos of me, so indulge me please.

Here are the Viajistas, minus Leigh’s sister, who took the photo.

Puffing up upon arrival at Casa San Pablo after 3 hours on the road.

Horsing around with Woody Woodbunny. “Don’t give me that wooden stare!”

Checking out my shots.

Staring up at the moon at the end of the day.

This is the life… zzzzzzzzzzz.

Afterwards Leigh and I agreed that we’re really getting old. More and more we’re enjoying these relaxing, stress-free road trips instead of a frenetic weekend on the town.

More pics from my camera and Leigh’s at McMultiply.

No comments: