Watch Me Entertain Myself!

Sacha Guitry once said, "You can pretend to be serious, but you can't pretend to be witty." Oh yes, I'm the great pretender.
(pilot episode: 20 January 2004)

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

At The UST Med Building

This is the cadaver room, where students study the human anatomy. It reeks of formalin, and while the room is well lit, the sight of rows and rows of bodies is unnerving for a non-med person like me. The first thing that entered my mind was, “I wonder if they all wake up and have a party every night?” I wouldn’t want to be locked inside a room like this for a night—I wouldn’t last five minutes.

Notice the two stairways? Before, female and male students were not allowed to walk up a flight of stairs together—why, I have no idea; ask Padre Damaso. Anyway, I asked Eugene, “So where will the gays and lesbians pass, in between?” Maybe we were all expected to fly up and down the building, using “Ding, ang bato!” and a lot of chutzpa.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my!

i remember how much i hated standing outside that lab, while waiting to be let inside the med auditorium (school programs are usually held there).

it's a good thing you didnt get lost in the corridor where they display photos of victims of freak accidents.

eeewww!!!

odin hood said...

im a thomasian but not a med student..

i think people almost never fail to notice those exact 2 things whenever they go to the ust med auditorium.

mrs.j said...

go uste! haha

y k pla nabisita?

joelmcvie said...

@MRS. J: See my previous episode entitled "Revealing Med". =)

Алексей said...

thats sooooooooooooo freaky. going inside the Bahay sa Balete horror house alone in Big Bang sa Alabang is better than staying 5 mins in that room.

. said...

That anatomy room made me upset and depressed for one week the first time I saw it. I never entered the Medicine Auditorium again, unless I would pass in one of the side doors.

Dats said...

MCVIE!!! thats so scary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! are those really dead bodies!?

joelmcvie said...

@DATS: Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Mas marami akong exclamation points by one, hehehe.)

dak/james said...

hahaha... i remember during our first year. dati takot takot pa kami nung tumagal, kumakain pa kami katabi mga cadavers... natutunan namin mahalin ang mga cadavers... especially ung mga magagandang i-dissect.

Last year. Manny Espaldon also won sa Medisine, may mga shots from the anatomy lab. Horror kasi yung film.

digiputz said...

OMG... dead bodies. Di ko keri pumasok dun. Hehe. (shivers)

ArchieMD said...

I miss medical school...