Watch Me Entertain Myself!

Sacha Guitry once said, "You can pretend to be serious, but you can't pretend to be witty." Oh yes, I'm the great pretender.
(pilot episode: 20 January 2004)

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Clap If You Like The Fabcasters!

The Fabcasters are finalists in the 2008 Philippine Blog Awards, in the category of Best Blog: Videocast/Podcast. But if you click on the link, you will see “The McVie Show, Season Seven” in the list.

How’s that?

It’s like this. Unfortunately the Fabcasts aren’t posted in just one site. After I produce them, I send each and every Fabcaster a copy, so that they have the option to post the Fabcasts on their own sites. Normally I wait for Migs to post it in Manila Gay Guy before I post it in The McVie Show. (I do that for two reasons: [1] It’s out of deference to our humble podcast beginnings, when it was just Migs, Gibbs and me, collectively known then as the Troikasters. Back then our podcasts were posted only on MGG. [2] Of the Fabcasters’ sites, MGG has the most hits; ergo, it makes sense to debut the Fabcast there.) However, when AJ (and apparently Poyt too, in a separate effort according to her) nominated the Fabcasters, he submitted my site. I submitted the Danton Remoto interview and the Tenchu/long-distance-relationships Fabcasts. Thus you see “The McVie Show” on the list.

Needless to say, what’s being considered is not my blog (I never submitted any of my blog entries) but our Fabcasts.

I’m thrilled that the Fabcasters are with such great company: “The Dan & Rye Show”, “Cokskiblue” and “Funny Is The New Sexy” are part of the list.

Also, congratulations to Gibbs Cadiz. His is nominated for Best Blog under the “Culture and Arts” category.

I really don’t know how the voting goes, and frankly I don’t care. Right now, I’m more than happy to just be grinning from ear to ear.

10 comments:

E said...

CONGRATS!!!! :-)

Tristan Tan said...

congrats mcvie!!! ;)

Chuck said...

fave ko yung Miss-ing fabcast. super funny =)

cant_u_read said...

i checked the link. e malakas ang kalaban namin... ung tinatawag na the mcvie show season 7!

botohan ba to?

friend, in all honesty, kung content naman ang usapan, wala kaming laban sa yo noh! pero happy na rin na napasama. congrats to you too, kapateed! :-)

cant_u_read said...

e teka... how do u find out who nominated you?

Anonymous said...

PALAKPAK! (2x)

joelmcvie said...

@TRISTAN: It's "Congrats, FABCASTERS" not just me. =)

@CHUCK: Unfortunately I couldn't submit "The Miss-ing Fabcast" because that was posted way after the cut-off date. Kung may blog awards sa 2009, puwede na siyang mag-qualify.

@RYE: Lucky for us, AJ told me that he was the one who nominated us. Marami kayong fanz, Rye! It could be any one of the gazillions of them. =)

Anonymous said...

congrats to the fabcasters!

Admin said...

Goodluck mamaya sa mga mananalo!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your nomination! It was great to see you at the PBA! :)