Watch Me Entertain Myself!

Sacha Guitry once said, "You can pretend to be serious, but you can't pretend to be witty." Oh yes, I'm the great pretender.
(pilot episode: 20 January 2004)

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Gigil

My cellphone rang. It was P.

“Friend!” His voice was pitched higher than usual. Given that his regular tone of voice is just several notches lower than a falsetto, I’m surprised I didn’t mistake him for a Bee Gee. I could tell he was holding back his palpable excitement.

“O, what?” I replied.

“Friend! I. Have. Two. Tickets. To. The. Cosmo. Bachelor. Bash.” He paused for a giggle. “Wanna go?”

My knee-jerk been-there-been-that reaction kicked in. Parading half-naked men again? Look but no touch? Ho-hum.

“Uhm, when is this?” I asked.

“To-niiight,” and he giggled again.

Aha! I had my truthful excuse: “Friend, sorry I can’t. We have OT work tonight.”

“Aaaaaaahhh… okaaaay,” P said, not sounding a wee bit disappointed. Obviously he was going to the event, McVie or no McVie. This must be some event, I thought.

And then it hit me.

“Wait! Isn’t this the one where it’s only for a female audience?” I asked.

P giggled yet again. “Hihihi. Yeeeeeees.”

“But how did you…?” I didn’t finish my question.

“Basta, hihihi,” P replied. “Let’s just say I have my sources, hihihihi.” He sounded like a schoolgirl who figured out for the first time how to finger her clitoris.

Oh well, that still didn’t change my mind (I mean, I’m someone who actually declined a VIP pass to the Eraserheads reunion concert). “Basta friend, if the security guards grope you and find out you have a bulge, gudlak to you!”

And P giggled some more.

4 comments:

Misterhubs said...

Sana meron silang "Grope The Models Backstage" pass. Hehe.

Joaqui said...

Wow! Eye candy galore. It will be a super feast for the eyes but that's it, just for the eyes, from afar, distant dream. *Sigh.

I'd rather go to Malate and see some equally gorgeous PLUs, at least they are reachable dreams. lol

Aris said...

ako rin, ayoko na ng "parade of beauties" lang. gusto ko merong "touch my body" din! :)

E said...

TAMA!! Grope the models back stage..pwede din kiss-lick-jerk-f**k the models back stage pass lolz @ Misterhubz

Mcvie!!!How could you decline Eheads!?!?! I mean thats Eheads man!!