Watch Me Entertain Myself!

Sacha Guitry once said, "You can pretend to be serious, but you can't pretend to be witty." Oh yes, I'm the great pretender.
(pilot episode: 20 January 2004)

Monday, September 07, 2009

Wha-pak Man

Last night while recording our next series of Fabcasts, Migs and the rest of the gang decided to discuss, nay dissect, my lack of a love life. Comments were made, hypotheses were posited, and assumptions were questioned.

One thing I value with my true friends is that they are not afraid of seeking out the truth. And I must admit that when they train their laser sights on me, it can be quite unnerving. But for me it’s a good kind of scary, because I know that in the end the benefits to self-knowledge far outweigh the immediate sting their sharp comments and conclusions can make.

And what a slap in the face I got last night. Migs especially did not mince words, and I love him for it. Ouch. Love hurts.

So where does that leave me? Honestly, it’s easy for me to find lessons for others, but lessons for myself take a while to sink in. I’m now a bundle of thoughts and emotions in silent turmoil, broken only by mundane things like work and meetings and press conferences (with the Pacman himself) and movies with the family. When it comes to love, that’s something I know I have no control over. But I also know that this particular topical depression will blow itself away, and a gentle breeze will follow after a storm, the landscape a-washed and altered, refreshed and renewed.

Then again, my landscape may already be made of concrete and steel.

(Hey Fabcasters, take it easy, okay? I’m just kidding here. Mwhehehe. Insert evil giggling here.)

* * * * *

Watch out for our next series of Fabcasts. It’s going to be, uhm, revealing.

7 comments:

MkSurf8 said...

dali ilabas na ang fabcast! pronto Jeeves!=)

joelmcvie said...

@MKSURF8: "No I don't feel aynee preyshyure. Rayt. Naw."

Ako lang ang makakapag-utos kay Jeeves. Humph. =)

Kane said...

McVie,

I hope you are a step closer to finding the truth =) Isang matinding yakap.


Kane

migs, the manila gay guy said...

Hello Kapatid, the hand that holds the scalpel is the same that heals the wound. *hugs*

joelmcvie said...

@KANE: Salamat sa BBSB'ng yakap. (Ano daw ang "BBSB"? "Bonggang bonggang sobrang bongga"! Hahaha.)

@MIGS: And I really appreciate your skills with the scalpel, kapatid. In fact, I hope you can cut me up some more. =)

Quentin X said...

Joel, maghuhubad? Bring it on, you sexy thing.

joelmcvie said...

@QUENTIN: Yeah, sure! Maghuhubad ako ng bonggang bongga. At kitang-kita talaga ninyo yun sa isang audio podcast, hahahahaha. =)

Salamat sa "sexy thing". Blush naman ako.