Watch Me Entertain Myself!

Sacha Guitry once said, "You can pretend to be serious, but you can't pretend to be witty." Oh yes, I'm the great pretender.
(pilot episode: 20 January 2004)

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Shoot At A Shoot

While we were shooting the latest TV commercial with Angel at the National Museum, I too had my own little photo shoot while waiting in between set-ups. Photographer was Leigh.

Me in front of one of the “photographs” used in our set.

Spider McVie!

We took this shot at the staircase leading to the third floor. My art director, whose third eye is open, insisted there was a presence on top of the stairs. I didn’t feel anything though, except the hard marble staircase on my back.

Me and our producer (I’m making him a star in my Twitter!) striking a pose for Leigh’s camera.

We actually toured the whole museum during the second day of our shoot. What I remembered was the over-abundance of vases and jars. It’s as if our country’s history could be contained in earthen vessels.

7 comments:

~Carrie~ said...

i like the photos. :-)

Clayman said...

I like iyong sa stairs. Hehehe! =) If ever malalaglag ako sa stairs, sana ganyan din ang posing na kabagsakan ko para di nakakahiya pag natagpuan ako. Haha! =)

fried-neurons said...

scary ang spider mcvie! but i love it!

A.Dimaano said...

Oooooh my, McVie I sooo love the staircase shot. There's something erotic and masochistic about the pose at the stairs. Hihihi =)

joelmcvie said...

@MR. SCHEEZ: Erotic? All during the shoot I was thinking, "Andumi ng steps na ito!" So yeah, masochistic, hahaha!

Herbs D. said...

i love the different perspective mac! the 3rd shot reminds me alot of a friend of mine on flickr. hihihi.

palma tayona said...

hmm, considering na tambay ako sa national museum, i've always thought of taking pictures of myself streaking through those austere hallways when the guards aren't looking. lol. i just never had the guts to do so.

love that shot of yours lying on the steps ala-murder victim. reminds me of an Ingres painting.