Watch Me Entertain Myself!

Sacha Guitry once said, "You can pretend to be serious, but you can't pretend to be witty." Oh yes, I'm the great pretender.
(pilot episode: 20 January 2004)

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Bulletproof

Okay so I can get very much obsessed with a new song, especially if it grabs me by my ears, lodges deep in my brain and stays there, reverberating for the next few days. Call me fixated. So here’s my latest LSS.

The hair!




The costumes!

And no, she’s no Lady Gaga. She’s La Roux, and she’s “Bulletproof”! Unfortunately the video in YouTube was disabled, so you can view it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQdC7h609k8

Been there, done that, messed around,
I’m having fun, don’t put me down
I’ll never let you sweep me off my feet.
I won’t let you in again,
The messages I’ve tried to send,
My information’s just not going in.
Burning bridges shore to shore,
I’ll break away from something more
I’m not to, not to love until it’s cheap.

This time baby, I’ll be bulletproof,
This time baby, I’ll be bulletproof.

I won’t let you turn around
I’ll tell you now I’m much too proud
To walk away from something when it’s dead.
Do-do-do your dirty words
Come out to play when you are heard
There’re certain things that should be left unsaid.
Tick-tick-tick-tick on the watch
And life’s too short for me to stop
Oh baby, your time is running out.
I won’t let you turn around
And tell me now I’m much too proud
All you do is fill me up with doubt.

This time baby, I’ll be bulletproof,
This time baby, I’ll be bulletproof.

1 comment:

citybuoy said...

can't help but compare her to lady gaga. anyway, i like her sound. not really a big fan of the genre but it's definitely lss-able.