Watch Me Entertain Myself!

Sacha Guitry once said, "You can pretend to be serious, but you can't pretend to be witty." Oh yes, I'm the great pretender.
(pilot episode: 20 January 2004)

Wednesday, February 09, 2011

The Devil Wears Iron

Prepare to be amazed. When I saw the picture below, I couldn’t help but gasp. It is Meryl Streep...


...as Margaret Thatcher.


And now, side by side:

Is there nothing Meryl Streep can’t do? Maybe we ought to vote her in as the Philippines’ next president. If there’s anyone who can do the impossible, it’s her.

The image taken from the full LA Times online article here.

6 comments:

somelostboy said...

"Excuse me?! Meryl Streep could play Batman and be the right choice!"
-Cameron, Modern Family

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjTCOivQGD0

Anonymous said...

OMFG!

This is directed by the same person who did 'Mamma Mia!'

This has to be good, if only for Meryl Streep and the accent.

ONAI said...

Dragon Lady!

Kiks said...

I would never purse my lips for Meryl Streep.

Ever!

ethan h said...

I can see it now. Meryl Streep as Gloria Arroyo.

sexislove said...

Meryl Streep is the ultimate actress. From Death Becomes Her to Julie and Julia, grabe talaga. Love her!