Watch Me Entertain Myself!

Sacha Guitry once said, "You can pretend to be serious, but you can't pretend to be witty." Oh yes, I'm the great pretender.
(pilot episode: 20 January 2004)

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

What’s That Sound?

Last night I found out that a guy I was interested in for quite some time now is interested in someone else.

Oh.


















splat!

That’s the sound of my heart getting splattered all over the sidewalk.

Oh well. What else is new? I haven’t even begun and it’s over. Just like that.

Sigh. This has happened so many times I’ve stopped counting.

Pick my heart off the pavement, dust it off a bit, feel around for any major injuries, then consider whether putting it right back on my sleeves or just hiding it from view for a while.

10 comments:

closet case said...

oh come on. you're just INTERESTED in the guy. it did sound as if you've made any major investments yet. your heart didnt get splattered, mcvie, maybe just shaken a bit. hehehe.

cant_u_read said...

happens to the best of us.

joelmcvie said...

CC: Okay, okay, okay! Sheesh, can't a guy pretend to be a drama queen once in a while? Palibhasa, OA sa drama ang buhay mo, CC. Gusto mong angkinin lahat ng drama sa buong mundo! Hahahaha.

RYE: Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh. ;-)

aries said...

mam,

ano pong potahe ang gusto nyo dito sa puso mo?

Anonymous said...

yey! punta na ng CB! :)

joelmcvie said...

ARIES: Scrambled, ihja, scrambled.

PAO: Ahhh, the ever-reliable CB. ;-)

Coldman said...

sakit talagang umibig!

The Guy in Red Sneakers said...

...ah, yes.

sigaw ka na lang, "NEXT..!"

sabay bulong,"Impaktong taong iyon."

Ahahaha.

closet case said...

hehehe. i deserve the drama. you dont. remember, its all self inflicted!

joelmcvie said...

CC: But your situation is self-inflicted too. So what makes you “deserve” the drama more than I do? And at least I'm not hurting anyone. Ha! :-)