Watch Me Entertain Myself!

Sacha Guitry once said, "You can pretend to be serious, but you can't pretend to be witty." Oh yes, I'm the great pretender.
(pilot episode: 20 January 2004)

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Propimplelaxis

I haven’t had sex in a week! And this is all because of a small matter that went out of hand.

Last week I noticed a pimple in—of all places—the middle of my chest, just above the tummy but below the nipples. It was right smack in the middle. At first I didn’t mind it; at my age I rarely get pimples and the lucky few die a natural death within a day or two.

But not this one. Because my shirt kept rubbing on it, I didn’t notice that it already popped plus my shirt kept irritating it so that it got infected. A few days later I noticed that the area around it had reddened and was tighter than usual. It became painful for me to bend forward or backwards. Worse, during the grand EB with Dan & Rye, a friend poked it by mistake. OWWW! Good thing I have a very high threshold for pain. But by then I knew I needed immediate medical intervention.

The doctor ordered antibiotics and painkillers. And the results were quite dramatic. The redness remains, and the immediate area is still tender to the touch. But at least the pain is now a dull throb.

But what bad timing! A long weekend last week, and a longer one coming. Then again, the last time I was forced to be celibate was in Bohol with the family, and I lasted for more than two weeks.

This will be an unexpected, if welcome, change of pace.

5 comments:

MRaunch said...

"... I have a very high threshold for pain."

hmmm...... >:)

joelmcvie said...

@POWERBOTTOM: Gaga! Hahahaha. Having a high threshold doesn't necessarily correlate to wanting pain. :-)

Anonymous said...

you just killed a new born nipple. hehehehe!

joelmcvie said...

@PAO: Death to third nipples!

Marcus: Bading Down Under said...

Buti na lang di ka keloidal or else you could have had a penis-like scar where the pimple once was. Trust me - it's less funny than it sounds.