Watch Me Entertain Myself!

Sacha Guitry once said, "You can pretend to be serious, but you can't pretend to be witty." Oh yes, I'm the great pretender.
(pilot episode: 20 January 2004)

Monday, August 04, 2008

Holy Fabcast! (parts 1 & 2)

Good lord, DINUGO ako sa pag-edit ng aming latest Fabcast! It took me the whole weekend to “almost” finish it (I could only start editing last Friday evening; I finished it just this Monday morning; thank god it was raining so hard the whole weekend, so I didn’t feel bad not going out at all).

The first part is 20 minutes long; the second is almost 30 minutes long. This is the longest Fabcast so far. And it’s because the Fabcasters tackled a thorny topic: religion.

Why madugo? The topic in and of itself is something most people would rather not tackle head-on. Also, a lot of what we talked about were conceptual in nature, so I couldn’t just recklessly shortcut what each Fabcaster said. Plus we kept ricocheting from topic to topic so rapidly that it was necessary for me to edit more carefully. Also, most of the Fabcasters would repeat themselves as they tried to think of what to say next.

I think this is going to be a very divisive Fabcast. Only those who think that religion as a topic is relevant to them will take to the Fabcast. The rest will just roll their eyes and tune out. I just hope more regular Fabcast listeners will pleasantly surprise us by actually sticking to this particular Fabcast from beginning to end.

Again, music credits:

PART 1:
“Losing My Religion (acoustic)” by REM
“Beat Goes On” by Madonna.

PART 2:
“Ave Maria Guarani” by Ennio Morricone
“Like A Prayer” by Madonna
“I’ve Never Been To Me” by Charlene

Again, just click on “The McVie Show In Stereo” link found on the left column. You know the drill.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice to hear your podcast once again. i enjoyed it. sana pala nakasali ako sa discussion, favorite ko yang topic na iyan.

as for me i don't see any contradictions between my being roman catholic and being gay. actually i practice my faith fully and i am really happy with it.

yes, most of the points are true but pero as for my experience of the faith at masaya ako. kahit di maganda ang ang experience ko with some people in the church, it did not hinder me to continue living my faith.

as for homosexual relationship and my faith, i don't see any contradictions with that. in as much as I don't see in the tenets of the faith that homosexual love (not sex) is immoral, walang mali dun.

Let me quote a famous saying of a saint (not verbatim): at the evening time of life, when we face God, we will only be judged by one thing, how much love you have given.

walang makapagsasabi kung anong tama at mali. ang religion ay nandyan upang gabayan tayo, hindi diktahan, pero bilang ina, dapat niya tayong pangaralan kung alam niyang di na tama ginagawa natin. pero walang mali sa pagmamahal ng kapwa.

being gay is not sinful, being hypocrites would lead you to damnation.