Watch Me Entertain Myself!

Sacha Guitry once said, "You can pretend to be serious, but you can't pretend to be witty." Oh yes, I'm the great pretender.
(pilot episode: 20 January 2004)

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Quote Of The Week

“I found the ability to enjoy being by myself and not fearing aloneness very useful for my eventual gay life. Too many people are too afraid of being alone! Which leads them to bad choices in relationships.”

– Pang Khee Teik, Malaysian photographer, actor, writer, arts critic and Arts Programme Director of The Annexe, Kuala Lumpur

(from Fridae.com; read the full article here)

3 comments:

MrCens said...

nice quote! i spend my 2 days off (thursday & friday) on my room alone, with my computer, television and sound system. feel so satisfied... my (straight) roommate asked me why, i simply told him "kanya-kanyang trip, walang pakialaman, hehehe...!!!

dubai, uae

Joaqui said...

There's an unexplainable bliss when you learn to enjoy spending time with yourself. It's something that not everyone can understand, maybe as mentioned, because of fear. But it's not really to be understood by all. I'd rather let the mystery remain if only to convince me that I am not common. lol If only to confirm that I have autism tendencies. hahahaha

oj hofer said...

in my years of cherishing solitude i have learned to maximally appreciate another persons company. It made you more mindful of the other person.