Watch Me Entertain Myself!

Sacha Guitry once said, "You can pretend to be serious, but you can't pretend to be witty." Oh yes, I'm the great pretender.
(pilot episode: 20 January 2004)

Monday, July 12, 2010

Achieve Na Achieeeave!

Someone asked me, “You don’t consider the writing of your book as a great achievement?” after he read the speech I made during the launch.

To be fair to Gibo and Dennis, the wonderful minds behind Grey Matter Publishing, I do consider the publishing of The Wet Book: Stories From The Bathhouse to be a great achievement. But it is more a triumph for them than it is for me.

I hesitate to label the writing and subsequent publishing of the book a “great achievement” of mine, for two simple reasons.

First, my writings may be entertaining, even diverting, but no one will ever mistake them for Palanca material.

The second and perhaps more important reason is this. When I sat down in front of the computer and stated typing out what eventually I called The McVie Show, a book deal was furthest from my mind. I wrote to blog online, and that’s the extent of my objectives and my ambitions.

So when Grey Matter approached me and asked if they can turn my blog entries into a book, it was unplanned, unexpected, and yet most welcome. What can I do but say yes?

That is why for me, my book is not really an achievement but more of an unexpected honor. Thank you, Gibo and Dennis of Grey Matter Publishing, for giving me such an honor.

10 comments:

red the mod said...

And we, humble readers and voyeurs that we are, are equally honored to be have been your audience. And to persist being so.

Mac Callister said...

oh,my book ka na din haha.wow congrats on that!

citybuoy said...

slightly OT but where can i get a copy of your book? i've been reading so much about it. i kinda feel bad i missed the launch.

always a fan, mcvie. you may not think it's palanca material but i know for sure there are plenty of readers like me who wait eagerly for ur posts. :]

Nimmy said...

naks! pahumble si kuya oh :)

Gibo has a very sexy "daddy" aura. ahihi

tigil trabaho ako tonight, i'm reading your book.

*nangiinggit lang, bwahaha*

Désolé Boy said...

McVie gusto ko pagbili ko papirmahan ko sayo with pictures pa...please....

joelmcvie said...

@DESOLE: Surely fuentes!

Ming Meows said...

and since it's your first times. it's a first honor. LoL

Felipe said...

at thank you in advance for my autographed copy! hehehe

Justin, Uhm, Bieber said...

You are soooo fab! Congratulations! :)

Rygel said...

congrats :D