Watch Me Entertain Myself!

Sacha Guitry once said, "You can pretend to be serious, but you can't pretend to be witty." Oh yes, I'm the great pretender.
(pilot episode: 20 January 2004)

Saturday, April 04, 2009

Self-Administration

Immunization is the process wherein the human body is taught to fight against a foreign agent, usually harmful to the body (for example, a disease). Vaccination is the most common form of immunization. With vaccination, a weakened form of the pathogen or disease is purposely introduced to the body, so that the body can react and produce antibodies that will protect itself from the harmful pathogen.

Recently I’ve been administering a vaccine to make me immune. The first time, my system went in to shock; it took me a couple of weeks to recover. The second time, I was able to hold myself together and even joke about it.

Just a few more and my heart will learn to be completely immune.

“You live, you learn
You love, you learn
You cry, you learn
You lose, you learn
You bleed, you learn
You scream, you learn.”


You Learn, Alanis Morissette

7 comments:

E said...

Sheesh! You haven't told me about the latest infatuation!!!

Misterhubs said...

Cupid. =)

joelmcvie said...

@E: I'm sorry, did you say "latest infatuation"? =)

@MISTERHEUGE: Yeah, stupid. =)

Hey, weren't we three just together at the RCBC Lung Cancer Ward (a.k.a. smoking area) last week?!

. said...

Mass Produced na ba yang vaccine na yan kuya McVie?

joelmcvie said...

@MUGEN: Designer drugs 'to, dude! LOL

Ming Meows said...

joel, patusok naman! hehehe

joelmcvie said...

@MING: Saan mo gusto, sa puwet? ;-)