Watch Me Entertain Myself!

Sacha Guitry once said, "You can pretend to be serious, but you can't pretend to be witty." Oh yes, I'm the great pretender.
(pilot episode: 20 January 2004)

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Text Therapy

Received an SMS around lunchtime today from someone na itago na lang natin sa pangalang “Tatiana” (pramis, he chose that name for himself).

Tatiana: Hi McV. I was planning to go to Bed last night but cancelled. Mare, pang Maalaala Mo Kaya, Magpakailanman at My Big Love ang drama mo kagabi! Na-miss ko!

McVie: Hahaha! You wouldn’t know it was happening, even if you were there. Everything happened quietly. Yan talaga ang buhay ko, it’s best read for the entertainment of others, hahaha!

Tatiana: It was heartbreaking. Just strengthened my resolve to do an Elizabeth 1 and forego men and relationships/love and sex in general. It never made me happy anyway. Sometimes the heart feels like an appendix. At least an appendix you can get rid of.

McVie: Ay! How interesting. My experience just made me resolve to be more gracious at letting go, but I’ve not really given up on love. The heart is a muscle anyway. So the more it’s broken, the stronger it becomes when it heals, so that it’s easier for me to be more gracious to others.

Tatiana: Well the heart is a muscle and muscles get tougher, making it harder to penetrate. I think that’s what’s happening to me. My birthday gift to myself this year is to declare my independence from love. It shall no longer have power over me.

McVie: Wag naman! Love of country, love for family and friends, keep those. ☺

Tatiana: Madalas kasi I find myself living much better lives when I stick to reason and avoid feelings of any sort. Proven iyan. Basta utak ang pinagana ko, ang ganda ko! Pero the moment I let one ounce of feeling in, all hell breaks lose.

* * * * *

And then in the afternoon I received an SMS from Leigh.

Leigh: I hope you’re doing better today (hug). If you wanna talk, I’m just here. I hope it’s not a feeling like a dead end for you, this entire thing.

McVie: Hahaha! Actually I felt bad at first. But then my mind kicked in. That’s P, fercrissakes! He’s been pining for the longest time for some love life. Last night’s episode is teaching me a lesson on letting go and not being too attached. ☺ NAKANAMPUCHA! Hahaha! ☺

* * * * *

Thanks for the show of concern and the power hugs, guys. But as you can see, I’m fine. In fact, Tatiana is in a less hopeful state than I am.

And as for me, the first stage of the grieving process is denial, right?

(pause for effect)

Mwhahahahahahahahahaha! (evil laftir)

1 comment:

Theo Martin said...

McVie, may i know what is the meaning of diaphanous? yihee.