Watch Me Entertain Myself!

Sacha Guitry once said, "You can pretend to be serious, but you can't pretend to be witty." Oh yes, I'm the great pretender.
(pilot episode: 20 January 2004)

Saturday, March 07, 2009

Night Fall

It felt like I was in Malate or along Tomas Morato, except that I was walking on sand. The music they played, the dancing lights, the crowd—well, in one bar where most of the advertising agency people converged, it looked like Greenbelt for a night.

My officemates decided to get drunk and dance. For a while I was grooving along with them, my movements familiar and reassuring. But after a while I grew tired. Eventually I excused myself to walk along the beach.

The half-moon was blazing brightly, and the stars were out. The water gently caressed the shore. The sand felt hard under my feet.

This was about as emo as I can get in such a place.

I wanted to clear my mind. I wanted to just be at peace. But Lady Gaga was blaring in the background, asking people to fuck her face.

Eventually I went back and danced some more.

3 comments:

~Carrie~ said...

Enjoy ur weekend there, Mr Mcvie.

I like the name Lady Gaga. It sets the trend for names like Sir Tado, Duchess of Dork, Countess of Cluts, Baronesa Basagulera, etc.

I still have the name fever in ur previous post. Hehe

joelmcvie said...

@CARRIE: We should tell Migs of MGG to make a second name game, after the BB Gandanghari one. How about:

Prinsesa Pukengkeng
Earl Engeng
Queen Que-horor!

~Carrie~ said...

That BB name game was hilarious. :)